Scion Nonprofit Staffing ( www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com ) has been retained to conduct an immediate search for an Interim Executive Director for our client, a highly reputable nonprofit dedicated to providing emergency mental health services to the community in Seattle, WA.
This role is intended for a highly motivated leader with the desire to work within a diverse and passionate work environment. The ideal professional will be a proven leader with a successful demonstrated history of managing a nonprofit leadership team, overseeing effective change management, delivering programs to the community, and providing strategic planning and guidance to ensure the organization thrives and the mission is carried out.
- Full-time position with very competitive compensation and endless possibility!
- Work within an organization focused on equity, inclusion, and community engagement!
- The ability to help strategize and improve financial performance, organizational operations, and board governance.
What You Will Be Doing
-Communicate the mission, vision and values of the organization. Show a passion for community building activities, inclusion, and equity. Present the organization’s services through public presentations, business events, and gatherings.
- Provide community leadership and build relationships with staff, donors, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Serve as the principal communicator with the Board of Directors.
- Communicate and report data to assist the Board in policy development and implementation.
- Partner with the board to create goals and strategies aligned with organizational mission.
- Oversee administration operations and ensure that operational plan is monitored, developed and executed.
- Direct, supervise, motivate and hire staff accordingly.
- Work with the senior leadership team to create and implement plans for the financial infrastructure consistent with the growth objectives.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments.
- Oversee, plan and implement capital improvement projects.
- Consistently improve the policies, procedures, and day to day operations using evidence-based practices.
- Evaluate strategies, financials, and capabilities to maximize success within the organization.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding budgetary preparation and oversee annual planning and budgeting.
- Work closely with the Board to set guidelines and allocate resources to accomplish short and long-term goals.
- Manage overall implementation of financial procedures and policies.
What You Have to Offer
- A passion for community engagement, inclusion and equity.
- Extensive Nonprofit Executive Director experience.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge on how to best approach nonprofit community engagement outreach, finance, operations and strategic planning.
- Strong yet encouraging management style.
- The ability to succeed and adjust in a constantly evolving environment.
- Operate with high moral standards.
Compensation & Additional Details
This opportunity to assist an amazing organization undergoing a leadership change along with generous compensation (depending on experience) in addition to health benefits and sick time.
How to Apply
About Our Firm
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2018 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.