Are you a DVM? Looking for an awesome team and ready to join a growing practice? Scion Staffing has been engaged by our client to identify a Veterinarian on behalf of our client's successful and growing practice. This full-time role is Monday-Friday (no weekends required), based in Lacey, WA and is available immediately!
Outside of Lacey, WA? No worries! Relocation assistance is available!
As a leader, you will make contributions which define and implement practice medical policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. In addition to delivering medical, surgical, and dental care to patients, this role is responsible for supervising dedicated staff members and ensuring a positive and successful work environment is maintained to support and ensure exceptional care delivery!
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with owners to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them.
- Performs physical examinations using preliminary data provided by the veterinary technicians; diagnoses physical condition and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client.
- Performs medical, surgical, and dental procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy.
- Interprets the results of laboratory procedures and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and interprets EKGs and EEGs; prescribes medications.
- Promptly and accurately updates client records.
- Plans and carries out a significant program of personal medical continuing education.
- Takes time to communicate effectively with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives and being sensitive to their emotional as well as financial status.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of the client-centered environment.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Supervises veterinary technicians; works with them to assess their current skill level and to plan and implement their continuing education and growth; regularly schedules performance reviews.
- Delivers in-house medical training to the support staff.
- Remains accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
- Works toward and attains practice productivity standards.
- With senior leadership, periodically reviews the key performance indicators and plans for changes as indicated.
- Is active in professional organizations.
- Works to ensure the facility remains not only medically efficient but visually appealing to client and staff.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds, and maintains morale; maintains core values and standards.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid and Active Washington Veterinary License (pending licenses welcome!)
- DVM/VMD from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- US Work Authorization
- Excellent medical and surgical skills.
- Significant continuing education achievements, beyond licensing requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to work as a team member as well as a doctor.
- Working knowledge of and interest in the business aspect of a veterinary practice.
- Willingness to perform management responsibilities.
- Display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients.
- Work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs.). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches, and contagious diseases.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
In addition to a rewarding environment and high performing team culture, this role does not require weekend hours. In addition to a sign on bonus and relocation assistance, our client provides a competitive base salary of $8,000 - $140,000, as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, pet care benefits, 401k with a company match, and veterinary specific employment benefits like Continuing Education funds, DEA License, VIN membership, and more!
For immediate consideration, please apply directly with your resume via https://www.scionstaffing.com/job/6719
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Scion Staffing is a national staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.