Scion Staffing (www.scionstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a contract Payroll Specialist on behalf of our amazing client, a well-known medical provider, located in Portland, OR! This position works on a wonderful team and is a contract opportunity with an immediate need!
Collaborating with the Payroll and Compensation departments, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for carrying out timely and accurate payroll services while playing a key support role on additional projects!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Efficiently and accurately carry out payroll and administrative duties including processing and auditing payroll, maintaining payroll data, generating reports, processing tax forms and resolving payroll concerns as they arise
- Accurately record and document all transactions
- Remaining in constant communication with teammates and management
- Remaining in compliance with all legal and institutional requirements at all times
- Investigating and resolving any payroll-related adjustments, problems or questions and maintain records of adjustments and/or resolutions
- Being a primary point of contact for general payroll inquiries
- Following standard operating procedures throughout course of work
- Working with confidential and time-sensitive information, especially involving personnel information
What You Have to Offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Previous experience with Payroll
- Excellent computer skills and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
Compensation & Perks:
This position offers a competitive rate of up to $22 per hour depending on experience! Additionally, this position comes with health, dental, and retirement benefits while on contract!
About Our Search Firm:
Scion Staffing is a top San Francisco, and Portland Oregon based temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent throughout the West Coast. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2019, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.