|Location||San Francisco, CA 94104|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Employment Type||Direct Hire|
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been retained to lead the search for a full-time Senior Accountant for our client, an established and exciting mission-driven nonprofit in San Francisco, CA.
· Close-knit team and collaborative work environment
· Competitive base salary and benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
· Noteworthy vacation and sick leave benefits
· 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
· Professional development and career advancement opportunities
What You’ll Be Doing
· Learn and be challenged on a daily basis
· Use your problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity to implement new processes
· Oversee general day-to-day accounting operations, analysis, and reporting
· Focus on accounting processes and operations, as well as internal controls
· Supervise taxation rules, regulations, and practices
· Partner with internal personnel and stakeholders, both in the office and remotely
· Prepare and post journal entries, make cash reconciliations, write and analyze reports, and perform account and report maintenance
· Assist the Director of Accounting with monthly/quarterly financial reporting tasks
· Record financial transactions for our client and its related companies in compliance with applicable legal rules and regulations for an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
· Perform tasks with attention to detail while also stepping out and looking at the big picture; zoom out as needed
What You Have To Offer
· Public accounting with nonprofit accounting experience is a huge plus!
· 2-4+ years of experience working as an Accountant
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience managing the chart of accounts
· Knowledge of US GAAP
· Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) required
This position offers a competitive base salary starting at $70,000+ per year, a wonderful work environment, exciting benefits package, and a mission you will love!
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume as a Word (.doc) or (.docx) attachment to email@example.com. We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.
About Our Search Firm
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applications with arrest and conviction records.