Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com), a full-service national staffing firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for a Human Resources Compliance Manager for our client, a well-known nonprofit organization championing social justice nationwide. This is an amazing and impactful opportunity for a senior nonprofit professional longing to serve as a resource for compliance in the human resources and talent acquisition processes, bringing expertise and fluency in these areas to our amazing client in New York City!
This unique role requires a combination of skills grounded in analyzing compliance criteria and developing systems to ensure best practices. In this role, you will work in direct support of the Vice President, Human Resources and the Benefits Director with special projects related to benefits, salary administration, research, EEOC, and other Human Resources related areas.
What you’ll be doing in this exciting role:
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviewing policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Implementing internal tracking systems to monitor the timeliness of changes to ensure compliance with organizational practices and policies.
- Presenting and applying knowledge of trends, best practices and new technologies in human resources. - Ensuring that the HR department remains current with the latest innovations available.
- Making recommendations for changes in internal practices for optimum efficiency.
- Serving as the Human Resources and Payroll internal auditor by providing frequent monitoring in payroll administration to ensure compliance.
- Performing regulatory reporting and HR analytics.
- Assisting with special projects in conjunction with the VP, Human Resources.
- Providing back-up assistance to the Human Resources and Payroll team, as needed.
- Applying knowledge of business intelligence (BI) tools and processes.
What you can bring to the opportunity and organization:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Advanced MS Office Suite, specifically Excel skills as well as recent ADP experience
- 5+ years of professional experience performing duties related to the essential functions of the position in Human Resource Management as described above.
- 5+ years professional experience in salary administration and payroll processing for a multi-state organization.
- In-depth knowledge of employment standards and regulation requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of employment reporting procedures and record keeping.
- You possess a business acumen, a dedication to legality, and are methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical view of the complexities of procedures and regulations and ability to implement effective change to streamline internal systems.
- The keen ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management and employees as well as the skill to plan and organize work, adjust to changing priorities, and achieve objectives within deadlines.
- High-level critical thinking skills: analytical and problem-solving skills; decision-making skills and sound judgment.
- The capacity to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment and a competitive salary plus a robust benefits package!
How to Apply:
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.