Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com), a full-service national staffing firm, has been engaged to conduct a search for a direct-hire Payroll Director for our client, a well-known nonprofit organization championing social justice and community revitalization nationwide.
This role is perfect for an experienced nonprofit professional with a background in payroll processing across multiple states! This position provides a great opportunity to contribute to a wonderful mission and work with a close-knit, supportive team!
What you’ll be doing in this exciting role:
- Work with HR to maintain and review the payroll processing system for timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, timesheets, benefits, taxes, deductions, and garnishments
- Process bi-monthly payroll timely and accurately
- Monitor and process payroll updates for new hires, terminations, changes of pay rate, and deductions
- Review payroll data and follow up with HR or employees on incorrect or missing information
- Manage the timesheet process by sending reminders, set up timesheet approvers, and provide technical support regarding electronic timesheet submissions
- Ensure timesheets are submitted and approved accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide support to employees and answer general payroll questions
- Monitor changing policies and regulations, initiating updates as needed; maintain compliance with federal, and state regulations concerning employment, benefits, and leaves of absence
- Maintain staff and contractor records
What you can bring to the opportunity and organization:
- A very deep-rooted passion for and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including but not limited to: race, gender and social class
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- SHRM certification preferred
- Advanced Excel and ADP experience
- Keen project management skills; ability to drive simultaneous, complex projects to measurable success while aligning with organizational strategy
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills coupled with the experience of managing and carrying out strategic communication
- You are ALWAYS proactive, organized and value interpersonal professional relationships
- Proven experience and a strong desire to build relationships, network and collaborate effectively with ethnically/ culturally/ socio-economically diverse populations and community organizations
- Success developing employees through effective coaching, facilitation, and team building initiatives
Compensation & Benefits:
The ability to work for an organization with a phenomenal mission, positive team-oriented work environment and a competitive salary plus robust benefits package!
How to Apply:
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms on the West Coast. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principals of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.