|Location||Santa Cruz , CA 95060|
|Date Posted||April 09, 2021|
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a remote Part-time Grant Writer for immediate hire for our client, a national nonprofit organization dedicated to disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students. This contract runs through the end of June.
Our client is seeking a dynamic Grant Writer who is interested in improving teaching and learning in schools and who is excited to engage in various writing oriented fundraising activities. A key role for this position is the creation and timely submission of grant proposals, federal level RFPs and grant reports, providing an exciting opportunity for a strong writer who is ambitious, analytical, and detail-oriented. The Grant Writer reports directly to the Senior Director, Strategy and Development.
What You Will Be Doing:
· Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to co-create and draft proposals for funding opportunities including outcomes, deliverables, and budgets in a way that is compelling
· Track opportunities, coordinate, write, and manage timely submissions of grant proposals and district, state, and federal level RFPs
· Interact with the organization's executives as required to complete proposals, reports and RFPs
· Work cross-functionally to ensure strong communication and submission on content areas
· Support and occasionally oversee funder communications initiatives
What You Have to Offer:
· Bachelors degree required, Masters degree a plus
· 3-5 years grant-writing experience required
· Experience in the non-profit and K-12 education sectors is PREFERRED!
· Adept at synthesizing info from a variety of sources into a compelling and persuasive narrative
· Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
Compensation & Additional Details:
· This is a fully remote role
· Part-time 20hrs a week
· Pay rate range: $37-$40hr
· Contract position through end of June
· Medical benefits offered to purchase during the temp period through Scion Staffing when eligibility is met.
About Our Firm:
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2020, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.