Scion Nonprofit Staffing (http://www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com/) is searching for a talented Development Officer for our client, a new and growing foundation, that is seeking candidates who thrive in a dynamic environment and are flexible as the organization grows and scales. This position is based in Seattle, Washington, and will work remotely while the office is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours as needed is required.
Extremely comprehensive benefits package
6 weeks PTO to start
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (95% employer-paid, 85% employer paid for spouses and dependents)
Wonderful remote flexibility
Competitive salary based on experience
Parking pass or ORCA card
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure operational excellence by functioning as the point person for the planning and organization activities of the fundraising team.
- Create and maintain ownership of systems that increase transparency and integration of development metrics across the organization using tools such as Salesforce.
- Regularly examine fundraising progress towards goals and strength of development pipeline; coordinate with Development Director to remedy deficits.
- Engage in prospect research and conduct wealth analyses.
- Oversee moves management cycle, ensuring strategic management and adherence to fundraising best practices in all aspects of the relationship management process.
- Develop process for sharing information organization-wide and building a culture of philanthropy to ensure consistent and appropriate stewardship of donors throughout the organization.
- In conjunction with the Development Director, create individualized plans for soliciting, stewarding, and cultivating existing and prospective donors.????
- Liaise with finance department to reconcile gifts in donor database and ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Development Director and other staff to create customized donor communications, proposals, and other materials.
- Produce creative solutions for stewarding donors to strengthen and maintain satisfying and mutually beneficial relationships with major donors.
What you have to offer:
5+ years of development experience.
Experience negotiating complex agreements.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience using Salesforce or other donor CRMs.
Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize tasks with minimal errors in their execution.
Proficiency generating reports, interpreting data, database administration and spreadsheets.
Adaptability and proactive approach to navigating work, changes, and fluid/tight deadlines in a start-up up environment.
Ability to communicate successfully and professionally, both orally and in writing, with individuals whose native language may or may not be English.
Resourcefulness and ability to work independently are highly desired.
Preference for individuals with working knowledge of Spanish, French, or Portuguese – desired, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes paid time off, employer-paid health and dental coverage, a retirement plan, maternity and paternity leave after one year, paid community service days, paid holidays, as well as the ability to make a direct impact around the globe!
How to Apply:
Please address applications to:
Elizabeth Crimmins, National Executive Search Principal
Scion Executive Search
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
About Our Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running! More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.