Scion Executive Search is seeking an experienced Executive Search Principal to join our dynamic team. This rewarding position focuses on leading comprehensive retained executive search on behalf of incredible corporations, nonprofits, foundations, and educational institution clients across the country!
This full-time position is 100% remote and can offer hybrid flexibility via our regional office locations when/if desired. We seek candidates who are presently located within one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Minnesota, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Washington, or Wisconsin.
The Executive Search Principal is a role which is responsible for the execution and leadership of retained comprehensive executive searches for Scion Executive Search clientele. Utilizing Scion Executive Search’s proven process, the Executive Search Principal proactively networks, recruits, and secures exceptional leadership candidates while skillfully navigating executive search engagements on behalf of executive search committees and boards.
This position requires existing hands-on executive recruiting, talent management, and account management experience in addition to proven knowledge regarding innovative strategies for effective executive talent recruitment. Well qualified candidates for this role must be passionate about the executive search industry and have enthusiasm for supporting socially conscious business practices.
The Impact You’ll Make
As an engaged leader, the Executive Search Principal directly partners with the decision makers (search committee members, boards, etc.) of client organizations while proactively driving comprehensive executive recruitment activities to ensure successful outcomes are consistently achieved.
The Executive Search Principal reports to the Managing Director for Scion Executive Search and provides essential contributions which will fuel the growth of the Executive Search division. As an Executive Search Principal, your success is directly related to your ability to facilitate the hiring of exceptional leaders. Individuals who will create positive impact within our client organizations (corporations, nonprofits, foundations, educational institutions, etc.) around the world!
Harnessing a consultative approach and proprietary search methodology, the Executive Search Principal leads strategic talent recruitment and networking activities while maintaining consistent and effective communication (internal and external) as well as eloquently managing the full cycle executive recruitment process. This energizing work includes leading search intake strategy meetings, providing client education/consultation (market insights and best practices), the creation of position announcements, client management (status updates/interview planning/etc.) and consensus-building, search strategy development, conducting candidate interviews, presenting candidates to clients, managing offer negotiations, and facilitating executive onboarding.
We believe in the power of a strong and supported team! This important role will join a seasoned team of successful Executive Search Principals, as well as Executive Search Associates and operations-focused team members who provide support; we work together to ensure a positive outcome for every search engagement! In addition to established systems and processes, our firm provides all recruiting team members with comprehensive recruiting tools/resources as well as mentorship and guidance from expert team leaders!
- Support and lead fifteen to twenty executive search engagements/placements annually.
- Build trust to effectively engage both active and passive executive candidates.
- Provide strategic direction and counsel to executive candidates and clients throughout recruitment life cycle.
- Advise hiring managers and committees as to market conditions, salary requirements, recruitment trends and promote executive search best practices during all search engagements.
- Promote an exceptional candidate engagement experience while ensuring equity, professionalism, and kindness throughout the recruitment process.
- Utilize and lead Scion Executive Search’s proven executive search process to recruit exceptional executive candidate slates comprised of a diverse selection of executive leaders well match to the needs of each opportunity.
- Construct and negotiate executive offer packages and advise clients on executive onboarding processes as needed to set up new hires for success.
- Work as part of a dynamic team and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Build strong relationships with current clients to further grow the Scion book of business via deeper partnerships and support.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Scion Executive Search to employ their vision for the work and growth. Provide feedback and ideas for process improvements.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5+years of progressive recruiting experience as an Executive Search Principal, Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Professional, and/or Search Consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- A passion for executive search leadership and the recruiting industry.
- Existing knowledge of recruiting best practices, human resources, employment law, compensation structures, benefits, diversity (DEI) focused recruiting.
- Passion for continued learning/evolution of knowledge!
- Exceptional attention to detail and next-level organization skills!
- Project management skills: ability to effectively prioritize competing priorities/multi-task.
- Prior experience in marketing, PR, and/or sales is highly preferred!
- Highly personable- you have a tremendous history of connecting with people and building strong, long-term relationships!
- Natural curiosity with the proven ability to connect the dots in ways that most others cannot.
- Exceptional work ethic, professional drive, and high regard for follow-through/upholding commitments.
- Strong abilities with written and verbal communication!
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the ability to work effectively through Outlook/email.
- Proven experience with creatively sourcing talent and conducting effective research online.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems (ATS)/customer relationship management (CRM) technology and LinkedIn Recruiter/online networking resources; experience working with Bullhorn ATS is a tremendous PLUS!
- Strong desire to succeed; highly self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges!
- Excitement for being a contributing member of a highly successful team while making a difference in the lives of others every single day!
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
This is an awesome opportunity to join a dynamic, committed team and an award-winning, professional, growth-oriented executive search firm! In addition to a starting annual base salary of 65,000 - $77,500 (DOE) with weekly pay, OTE for the first year is $121,500 - $167,500. Commissions for each retained search range between $4,000 to $10,000+ per placement (depending on the level of the search); your success is based on your individual performance and achievement of goals and there is no cap on commissions!
Additionally, our firm offers fully paid individual health care at no cost to you (vision, dental, health), 401k plan, life insurance, paid community volunteer days, your birthday off paid, two weeks of paid time off (PTO) to start (with PTO/vacation increasing the longer you work with us), 11 paid holidays each year, paid sick leave (PSL), a traditional work schedule (Monday – Friday, no weekends required), exceptional work/life balance, an annual team retreat, and a super supportive and friendly team-environment! On top of our generous compensation structure and the comprehensive benefits package, our firm also provides significant professional resources to support your continued success!
How To Apply
For immediate consideration please provide your resume and cover letter, sharing more about your experience and interest in joining our firm via this posting.
About Our Search Firm
Scion Executive Search is a national award-winning executive search firm. Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing hundreds of exceptional leaders in organizations with incredible missions and programs. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation!
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Executive Search Firms and the Best Recruitment Firms in America. Additionally, we have been recognized as a recruitment leader by ClearlyRated, as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running; additional information about Scion Executive Search can be found online.
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent