Scion Nonprofit Staffing
) is searching for a talented Social Media Manager
for our client, a new and growing foundation, that is seeking candidates who thrive in a dynamic environment and are flexible as the organization grows and scales. This position is based in Seattle, Washington, and will work remotely while the office is closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours as needed is required.
Extremely comprehensive benefits package
6 weeks PTO to start
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (95% employer-paid, 85% employer paid for spouses and dependents)
Wonderful remote flexibility
Competitive salary based on experience
Parking pass or ORCA card
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Social Media Strategy
Develop and present a vision for social growth and engagement strategies.
Manage, draft, and produce content for all social media channels.
Partner with and commission key artists to drive organization’s narratives and interest areas.
Manage rapid responses to cultural and movement moments across social media channels, amplifying allies and driving creative content to respond to the moment.
Work with internal teams to fully integrate social media strategy with programmatic calendar, issue areas, and partners.
Coordinate with Managing Director, Storytelling to capture social media needs, new stories, new partners, and emerging social and political trends and conversations.
Co-create organizational messaging, narratives and strategies for campaigns, social movements, and cultural moments.
Seek partnerships to expand reach and influence, including with “influencers”; develop and manage an influencer strategy for social media.
Audience Development / Tracking & Metrics
Bring a new level of analytics and analysis to demonstrate trends on how campaigns work across social media channels to engage core audience.
Present and manage an audience development strategy that is aligned with organizational needs and vision.
Understand audiences by channels and create crossover opportunities.
Track social media performance, reach, and metrics; identify and share performance insights to inform engagement strategies.
Timely reporting of the impact of social media and PR efforts.
Incorporate social audiences into CRM database.
Develop digital press kits and co-manage strategy with Managing Director, Storytelling.
Interact with PR firm and report updates and progress to Managing Director, Storytelling; provide PR firm with most up-to-date marketing calendars.
Incorporate PR work and focus into editorial calendar.
Work with the Managing Director, Storytelling to identify key focus areas.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER
- 4+ years of social media experience and/or digital communications.
- Expertise using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; knowledge of other social apps and the ability to grow select audiences.
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Creative suite (particularly Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience using social media scheduling tools including Sprout or similar.
- Familiarity in using asset management and project management tools inclusive of Asana and SharePoint.
- High level of cultural fluency and the ability to understand, respect and respond to sensitive cultural nuances.
- A lived commitment to racial, gender, climate, and/or migrant justice; experience working in the arts/culture and environmental sector, and with BIPOC+ artists.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, copy editing, and organizational skills.
- Experience deploying timely content during rapid-response scenarios.
- Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices, and analytics.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and basic video editing skills.
- Collaborative skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to reach out to partners, artists, and vendors to contract and commission work.
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French or Portuguese, preferred.
- Experience with global organizations and frameworks, preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter, in Microsoft Word format, via https://scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/8073
Please address applications to:
Elizabeth Crimmins, National Executive Search Principal
Scion Executive Search
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes
lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and
the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated
Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times
for over ten years running!
More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.