Scion Staffing has been engaged to lead the search for a passionate Sr. HR Generalist with a leading Behavioral Health nonprofit in San Francisco, CA. This is a Direct-Hire opportunity offering a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to work with a truly impactful team!
The Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for activities related to union relations and the collective bargaining agreement, overall safety strategies as it relates to workers compensation, oversight of recruitment for the Agency, HR metrics analysis, exit interviews and turnover, policy and procedure, and general compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with local city, county, state and federal employment laws and provisions.
- Optimize talent acquisition system functionality and tools to support the recruiter and hiring managers in their search for top talent.
- Provides support to the Sr. Director of Human Resources as it relates to union relations. May attend union meetings as needed and act as a liaison between management and union staff, helping to resolve employee relation matters.
- Partner with and counsel managers on HR related topics including compensation, policy interpretations, recruitment related activities, performance management, employee relations etc.
- Assists in investigations pertaining to Employee Relations.
- Provides HR team with HR metric updates as it relates to turnover, unemployment claims and other departmental KPIs.
- Provides on-site support to the multiple regions within the Agency as needed.
- Ensure compliance for EEOC, FSLA, DFEH, Cal OSHA, Anti-Harassment and other agency regulators
- Monitors and improves data collection processes and creates efficiencies in processes.
- Collaborates with HR Team to organize and administer annual Open Enrollments and Performance Evaluations.
- Internal manager of the worker’s compensation claims process and first point of contact for employees and managers.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates policies and procedures to all staff. Answers staff and manager questions in a timely and courteous manner.
- Coordinates with the Training and Safety department on special projects and initiatives.
- Provides consult to managers on employee relation matters and resolution options. Meets with employees and managers to resolve conflict.
- Provides back up to HR personnel on the team.
- Participates and collaborates with QA, Program Managers & Directors, by providing relevant data for semi annual audits for CCL, COA, State Rate and HIPAA.
- Collaborates with HR Team on various projects as needed and manages special projects as needed.
- Degree in business, human resources management or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR management experience within the nonprofit space preferred
- Proven effectiveness in relevant benefits, HRIS, payroll, recruitment & staffing and HR generalist roles
- Knowledge of UltiPro is a plus.
- Proven experience in dealing effectively with a variety of associate/management issues.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of employment law, policies and procedures is essential.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi- tasking skills.
- Ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR Team for success of HR Goals.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office suite. Expert with HRIS (UltiPro Preferred)
This opportunity offers a competitive salary of $90,000 to $110,000 annually as well as comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement, PTO, and paid holidays).
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com or in the 2010-2020 Business Times list of top staffing firms.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applications with arrest and conviction records